Our Current Volunteer Needs Include:
- Foster care for at-risk shelter animals
- Fundraising and events support
- Volunteers at our facility and at events
- Animal transport assistance
- Marketing, PR, and graphic artist support
- Board development/recruitment
Join Us by Volunteering
Contact us today to see how your skills and expertise can help us continue saving the lives of at-risk animals in our community! Or stop by and see us in person and get a tour at 800 W Picacho any Tues/Thurs 11 to 4 or Sat 11 to 2.
Other Ways to Help
- Foster or adopt a DAPA! animal rescued from our municipal shelter or one of our Second Chance, former abuse-case animals.
- Hold a food or monetary collection on our behalf, and we’ll pick up any donations you collect, or drop them by our facility.
- Partner with us to expand animal-welfare outreach work in the community.
- Help us provide other low-cost pet services to qualifying families, such as grooming, wellness clinics, helping with behavior issues and training, etc.
- Donate supplies for our adoption center/pet food bank – any pet items, Purina One dry food, Kitten Chow, Cat Chow, clumping cat litter, bleach, Fabuloso, paper towels, hand soap, clear packing tape, dog and cat treats/toys, etc.
- Assist with fundraising events and grant seeking.
- Provide fencing materials or donate your skills and time to help mend or build fences in order to get dogs off chains.
- Donate your truck/services for pickup and delivery of large quantities of food.
- Donate and old vehicle you no longer use/need.
- Contribute your graphic art, writing, and online social network skills for PR work and publications.
- Come in and walk our dogs who are housed 24/7 at our adoption center or take them on outings.
- Come in and spend time with our cats/kittens house 24/7 at our adoption center.